The perfect Christmas easy bake that won’t have you spending time fussing in the kitchen this holiday season.
My no fuss – fake bake
The perfect Christmas dessert for you to take to share with your family and friends this holiday season.
This bake is also perfect for letting the children lend a hand with the Christmas food preparation. Just make sure an adult melts the chocolate.
What ingredients do I need?
Peppermint candy canes
Good quality milk chocolate
What equipment do I need?
Cake mixer or electric beaters (or a good old fashioned whisk and some elbow grease).
Kitchen whizz for blitzing the biscuits, or simply place the packet of biscuits in a pillow case, and crush them with a rolling pin (a perfect job for the kids or yourself if you are feeling the stress of the Christmas season).
Can I prepare this in advance?
Yes – of course you can.
Prepare the base and the chocolate layer in advance. You could wrap and freeze it ahead of time. Or make the day before and place in the fridge.
Simply just add the last layer – cream – before you serve with the crushed candy canes.
I don’t like candy canes?
If you don’t like candy canes – Simple – leave them off.
Use sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries to top the cream instead.
My Christmas No Bake Fake Cheesecake
- 250 grams vanilla biscuits (one NZ packet)
- 140 grams melted butter
- 85 grams softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- 125 grams milk chocolate
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- 300 ml cream
- 2-3 candy canes
- Blitz or crush the packet of biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Melt the base measure of butter and add to the biscuits and combine.
- Press into a 20cm tart/flan tin (with a loose bottom). Use a glass to spread the mixture evenly up the sides. Make sure the base and sides share an even amount. Press down firmly.
- Place in the freezer or fridge until set.
- Soften the second measure of butter.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar until soft and pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil. Turn down to a simmer.
- Place a small heat proof bowl above the pot of water and melt the chocolate. Once the chocolate has melted – fold into the creamed mixture along with the peppermint essence.
- You over the base and place in the fridge to set.
- You could wrap and freeze the base layers weeks in advance or place in the fridge over night until needed.
- Simply beat the cream until stiff. Spread onto the chocolate and decorate with broken or smashed candy canes.