One bowl – minimal dishes – winning!
Do you have old bananas in your fruit bowl that no one is eating?
You need to make this super easy one bowl banana and chocolate loaf.
Slice and eat fresh.
Spread gorgeous butter over the top.
Or pop it in the toaster and spread with butter for a warm tasty treat.
All you need;
Chocolate chips, chocolate drops or chopped chocolate
Yoghurt or sour milk
Self raising flour
If you don’t have any yoghurt simply use one cup of sour milk. You can make sour milk by adding 2 tbsps of lemon juice, white vinegar or apple cider vinegar to each cup of milk.
If you don’t have self raising flour. You can use 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder for each cup of flour. So for this recipe you will need 2 cups of plain flour and 3 tsps of baking powder.
What to do with your old bananas;
If you have old bananas and no time to whip up this great recipe. Simply pop them in the freezer. Some people will tell you to peel them first. But why? Their skin is already a package. Go low waste.
Just simply get them out the night before you bake and let them defrost. They will be the perfect texture for this recipe once thawed.
Loaf Pan Size
This is a large recipe. You will want to use a large loaf pan (something like you would cook a meat loaf in). I have used a 28cm enamel loaf tin like this one.
Before you begin to bake
Remember to preheat your oven before you begin to bake, and line your loaf tin before you get sticky fingers and need to open drawers.
Today I have used compostable baking paper. Another great idea is to use old butter papers.
Check out this great reel from my instagram page to see.
Kitchen items that I have used today;
One Bowl Banana and Chocolate Loaf
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Danish dough whisk
- 1 28cm loaf tin
- compostable baking paper (or a reusable option)
- 2 mashed bananas (mashed very well)
- 1 cup plain yoghurt (fruit flavour does work well too)
- ½ cup neutral oil (vegetable oil or grapeseed oil)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar (optional)
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (chocolate drops or chopped chocolate)
- sliced banana (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre heat your oven to 180.
- Prepare and line your loaf tin.
- Place all the wet ingredients into a bowl and mix using your dough whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients and gently mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin and place in your hot oven.
- (optional) Thinly slice a banana into strips and arrange on the top of the mixture.
- Cook for 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Wait 5-10 minutes before turning your loaf onto a cooling rack. Once cool store in an airtight container.
- Best served sliced with lashings of butter.