The best lunch hack!
A week of lunch and snacks ready and prepped in the freezer. All you have to do is take one out and place in a sandwich press or in a fry pan.
I always have a bag of these prepped in the smoko room for staff who may come in late for smoko or are working on their own. They simply take out a sandwich and place it in the sandwich press.
These would also be great for hungry teenagers, or even for a midnight snack for a mamma up late with small children.
You can make several bags of these at one time.
Toasted Sandwich Bag
- 1 loaf sandwich bread
- spreadable butter
- squares of baking paper (the same size as a piece of bread)
- 200 grams grated cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato relish (generous sizes)
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1 packet onion soup
- 1 egg
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Place a square of baking paper (just a bit bigger than a piece of bread) on thebench.
- Butter a slice of bread and place it butter side down on the baking paper.
- Spread the filling right to the edges and top the sandwich with another slice of buttered bread, butter side up.
- Repeat with the rest of the loaf.
- Stack the sandwiches, ensuring there is a piece of baking paper between each one and put the stack of sandwiches back into the bread bag and into the freezer.
- Pull out one sandwich at a time when ready to cook and either cook in the toasted sandwich maker or in a frying pan over a medium heat.
Other filling suggestions
- Ham & cheese Ham, cheese & pineapple Cheese & onion Relish & cheese Chicken & cheese Chicken, pesto & cheese Leftover roast meat, relish and cheese