When you need a quick salad to take to a BBQ or family event and you have no idea what to make, or if you’re thinking do you even have enough ingredients to make something delicious – then this is what you should make!
This simple to make sale will be the one your friends and family talk about.
I was given this recipe by Christine Elliot when we stayed with her and her husband Will in rural Western Victoria in October of this year.
I have made it so many times all ready. It’s so fresh and delicious.
All you need is;
Frozen supermarket Peas
Handful of fresh mint
Handful of fresh parsley
One finely chopped red onion
Juice of one lemon
People will go crazy for this fresh and easy salad.
The Cheapest and Easiest Pea Salad
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 bunch finely chopped mint
- 1 bunch finely chopped parsley
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon juiced
- Rinse and dry your herbs. I like to place my herbs inside a clean tea towel and pat them dry.
- Finally dice the red onion and sprinkle with the salt. Toss and set aside. This will help reduce the bitter taste and sweeten the onion.
- Prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Place the frozen peas into a medium sized bowl.
- Add the red onion, mint, and parsley.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Place the yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl and combine (If you feel you want the dressing to be a little smoother, you could add a little apple cider vinegar to get the consistency you are after)
- Combine the dressing and salad. Keep refrigerated until you serve it.