A light and fluffy, lemon and coconut, delicious treat.
This one pot wonder is super easy and quick to whip up.
All you need is a pot and a dough whisk or wooden spoon, and a lined or greased brownie pan.
Is there anything better than the smell of a fresh lemon picked straight form the tree?
Could I use any citrus fruit?
Of course you can. Make this recipe your own. You could use;
How do I line my brownie pan?
You could use;
Compostable baking paper
Reusable silicon liners
Re-use butter papers
Or grease your pan with butter and flour
What ingredients do I need?
Self raising flour
Lemon Delicious Slice
- 1 Large Pot
- 1 brownie pan (27.5cm x 17.5cm x 3.5cm) or (20cm x 20cm x 5cm)
- 1 dough whisk or wooden spoon
- 1 bent palette knife
- 125 grams butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 30 grams butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp boiling water (only if needed to make a smooth icing consistency)
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Prepare your brownie tin. Either line or grease.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add and combine in this order. Stirring after each addition;sugarmilkeggsself raising flourcoconutlemon zest
- Pour the batter in to the brownie pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Check with a skewer (It will come out clean if the cake is cooked).
- When the cake is cool prepare the icing.
- Sift the icing sugar.
- Melt the butter and add to the icing sugar.
- Add the lemon juice and stir. If you need more moisture add the boiling water (You may not need it).
- Ice the cake.
- Use a hot knife to cut the slice.
Try these other citrus recipes too!
Nancy’s Lemon Cordial https://whatsforsmoko.com/2021/08/20/nancys-lemon-cordial/
Hi there. Love lemon recipes. I live in a Fifth Wheeler RV with a smaller GAS stove (top and oven). What temperature would I bake it at please? And is it necessary to add the coconut? Thanking you 🤗 Irene
I just had a quick look at a conversion and it looks like 180 degrees Celsius is Gas mark 4 (350 Fahrenheit). I hope that helps. Ii haven’t tried it without coconut, but perhaps you could substitute it for ground almonds if you don’t like coconut.
Can this be frozen
Yes – but ice once thawed x