Magic Pot Mac and Cheese
This quick and easy dinner, snack or bowl of comfort food is only eight minutes away!
Make this for a quick dinner for kids. Or when friends call in unexpected. It makes a great side dish too.
Make a bowl as comfort food and sit back and watch your favourite show.
What is an magic pot?
A magic pot is what I call a multi-cooker or an electric pressure cooker on instagram. This way I don’t get tongue tied when mentioning brands.
The brand of magic pot I love is this Instant Pot Duo Nova that I was gifted. The stainless steel interior pot and changeable seals are a game changer!
I have the 5.7l Instant Pot.
If you are in New Zealand follow this link for where to buy yours.
If you are in Australia follow this link for where to buy yours.
What cheese should I use;
I like to use Colby cheese. Tasty works well too. Even a mix.
Things to remember;
The eight minute cooking time is from the moment the instant pot comes up to temperature. Allow 10-15 minutes for the pot to come up to temperature.
Can I add other ingredients?
Yes of course. Make it your own. You could add;
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 Instant pot
- 1 Measuring Cup
- 250 grams macaroni pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheese (of your choice. We like to use Colby or tasty)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chicken stock (optional)
- Place the pasta, water and milk into the instant pot.
- Pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- Allow the steam to release naturally (or manually release the steam after ten minutes).
- Take the lid off and stir through the cheese.