Not all recipes need to be passed on for generations for them to feel like a taste of home.
For me ‘home’ is where I feel comfortable and there is nothing more comfy than this rich creamy chicken and pea pasta.
So get comfy and enjoy x
Do the children eat it?
They sure do! The flavours aren’t too complicated making this dish a great family favourite meal.
No fresh cream?
Don’t worry – you could use double cream, UHT cream stored on your pantry shelf (I always grab a couple at the supermarket just for this reason) or coconut cream.
Make it a vegetarian meal. It will still be very delicious.
No frozen peas?
Easy, substitute with broccoli or green peas.
You will need;
Zest of one lemon
Salt and pepper
Pappardelle pasta (or pasta of your choice)
Creamy Chicken and Pea Pasta
- 25 grams butter
- 1 cup cream (250 mls)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2-4 tbsp milk (used to thin the sauce)
- 3-4 chicken thighs (chopped)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 lemon zested
- salt and pepper (season to taste)
- 200 grams pappardelle pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Put a pot of water onto boil while you heat your skillet. Remember salt the water.
- Place the butter in the hot skillet, and brown the chicken on each side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take the chicken out and set it aside. Wipe the skillet out of any excess butter.
- Place the cream and sour cream into the skillet, and stir until a sauce forms.
- Add the peas and lemon zest, and stir through the sauce.
- Return the chicken to skillet and stir through all the goodness.
- If you feel your sauce is too thick you could add a little milk while your pasta cooks.
- Place the pasta into the boiling water and cook al dente. Use tongs to add the pasta to the sauce.
- Let all the water drip into the skillet as you transfer the pasta (this will add to the sauce)
- Serve with crunchy bread or on it’s own. Enjoy